Optimizing Donations

A team member is looking into this, and we’ll discuss our response on Monday morning. I’m not sure yet what will need to be done until we have investigated a few files, but an update is a reasonable assumption.

@snoplowguy – to whom did you send your file? We believe we have a resolution for this issue, but we want to make sure that we have solved your particular issue before we do any update.

I don’t see your file in the usual place, but maybe I am missing something!

It was sent to Cameron@taxcycle.com.
I’ve wondered why nobody picks up my messages… lol

1 Like

Hate having to redo returns after I’m done with them…I was finished with letter and invoicing, did upgrade this morning…gave to my wife to print…and now we have the messages that snoplow guy was referring to and results are different for both husband and wife.

Paul –

The issue is that in the previous version of TaxCycle each taxpayer and spouse was always claiming their own donations, which generally results in a lower combined refund. We are making adjustments so that if you have returns in that situation, you can opt out of the improvement so you don’t change the return.

If you don’t save the return after you see the red banner, we will give you an easy way to opt out when we release later today.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

~ Cameron

1 Like

Got it. We are reviewing this now.

Thanks so much!

Thanks, Cam

Your Team are head and shoulders above all of the rest…
Period

Can someone at TaxCycle update when this donation optimization issue will be fixed? I have problems with a few returns that have been filed, including two (for a couple) that is causing me stress now. I haven’t saved their (filed) returns with the changes, but need to complete their daughter’s return. Cannot do this until TaxCycle fixes this problem. Many thanks for your help.

We are anticipating having an update out in a few hours.

~ Rob

1 Like

Awesome- Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Build 38571 is now live on our site.

~ Rob

@snoplowguy
@Cameron

I love TaxCycle. That said, I would like to see some enhancements to the optimization options to help those of us who are expert preparers and what to see how all the numbers are pulled.

For example…

Pension split - explicitly state no benefit rather than the current message which is try to apply manually. In my case the neither taxpayer was taxable so the no pension split was warranted. I would love to see something similar to the old Profile graph and range to determine the pension split reduced tax or increased refund amount.

In addition I would love an optimization review page which displays the following amounts for pension split, income split, medical, and donations:

• As claimed by each taxpayer.
  • As optimized by TaxCycle.
  • As set by preparer.

This would help us make better choices faster.

Thanks Rob- I have already installed the update, and it works perfectly!!

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

Mike Hyde