Foreign Assets - Did you own or hold specified foreign property

Hello Everyone. Do you still answer NO to this question if a non-resident has specified foreign property over $100,000? The T1135 is not required, but wondering how you recommend answering this question. Thank you in advance for your feedback. :slightly_smiling_face:

The T1135 does not have to be completed by a non-resident.

Also not required for the part year when moving into Canada. I had a client who was fined for not producing. A reply to their notice of assessment pointing this out eliminated the fine.

1 Like