Disability tax credit transferred from a dependent

Hi:
I am just doing a return for a client whose father got approved for DTC last year, taxcycle is asking for the father’s income on Line 26000 and reduced the DTC transferred from dependent by the same amount.

The father had very little income, only CPP, OAS and GIS, so no DTC was used, I thought the full DTC would be transferred.

The review message prompted me to the dependent section to enter the Line 26000 income.
Not sure if I am missing something there, to do a full calculation. Thanks for any advice.

I trust the GIS wa not included in line 26000.

If you are not preparing the father’s return as part of the client’s return (as a dependant/family return), then you need to enter the additional non-refundable tax credits like the basic personal and age amount if applicable:

Thanks Darlene.

Taxcycle is suggesting $0 on Line 26000, maybe I should just accept it as is to claim the full amount, otherwise, I will have to get a copy of her father’s return to get non-refundable amounts, or just assume the Basic Age are the only ones applicable.

If you are claiming anything that is dependant on the father’s return, you MUST get a copy so as not to over claim and cause a lot of trouble when it is questioned by CRA (which it will be when matching occurs in the summer as the DTC will be claimed by two people for the same person)