Death of Sole Shareholder

Is there any special handling on the T2 where the Sole Shareholder has died? The husband has signing authority as executor and we are closing the company. Just worried I am missing something in the reporting of winding up the company. Thank you!

“Is there any special handling on the T2 where the Sole Shareholder has died? The husband has signing authority as executor and we are closing the company. Just worried I am missing something in the reporting of winding up the company. Thank you!”
Who is this “WE” you are talking about as closing the company?

Presumably the Executor has hired a lawyer to assist him with legal matters and would have advised him that he can act as SHAREHOLDER. The Lawyer will advise him of what other powers he might have as Executor.

“Shareholder’s” cannot wind up companies, nor can have " signing authority" by virtue of the shareholding.
(I’m sure Bill Gates would not be amused if every Microsoft shareholder decided to sign this and that on behalf of Microsoft :grin:)

The CPA engaged by the Trustee acting for the estate should ensure care and proper liaison also with the lawyer, so that authority is not exceeded.

Currently, as you have so far posted, pending legal advice, there would seem to be nobody who can legally engage you to act on behalf of the corporation to prepare the necessary Financial statements, nor file a T2, nor “wind it up”, or anything.
I would speculate that the Lawyer might advise the “shareholder” to call a special meeting of the corporation to then give effect to the necessary resolutions of new director etc.

(Also, handling of the corp may have been given restrictions or be the subject of special gifts in the Will, so the Will should also first be reviewed.)