Claiming principal residence exemption for foreign home

I have a client who has a winter home outside of Canada which they sold in 2019. They can claim reduce some of the gain with the principal residence exemption. The only way that I can designate the gain on the house as foreign for FTC purposes is to go to Schedule FTC - Country X and input it on “Other income on which tax was paid”. Is there a way to link to get TaxCycle to link this principal residence as foreign source to automatically update the FTC calculation. Schedule 3 / T2091 does not seem to consider this.

@wkcpa
Interesting scenario. I didn’t realize you could claim a principal residence exemption for a foreign property while still being considered “resident” in Canada. But, I looked it up:
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/technical-information/income-tax/income-tax-folios-index/series-1-individuals/folio-3-family-unit-issues/income-tax-folio-s1-f3-c2-principal-residence.html#p2.2

Not sure about the FTC, though. Are you saying they had to pay tax to the foreign country on the sale of the property? Is there a tax treaty with that country?

Yes and Yes. Its more of technical issue I am having with entering the gain. I do have a work around but I was hoping to have the T2091 tie into the FTC.