New process for authorizing representatives for business clients using the Business Consent Service in EFILE

Same here…

As well, have several clients that can run a small business but do not own a computer, etc… They are not connected… Not sure what we do… Invoice them to setup a My Biz acct for them, with them? seems utterly ridiculous. Many in Atlantic Canada do not have reliable or consistent internet… Heck the Covid online schooling was insane around here with so many families not having the ability to access …Think decision are made my people in big cities with no idea of real life. Just my vent

2 Likes

You think that is bad. I spent over 1 hour yesterday trying to open an HST account for a new client. I got into a spirited debate with the CRA agent who was attempting to tell me that the HST filing period could not be changed to align with the FY of the corporation until the first T2 Corp Tax Return is filed in September 2023! The agent escalated my disagreement to a level 2 supervisor at which point the call was disconnected and I had to start all over again!

You must have gotten he same agent I had a few years ago. DFO wanted me to set up and HST account for one of my clients. The agent at HST FORBID me, her words, to open said account. Claimed the income was not taxable. After much discussion, I politely said goodbye, redialed and got the account set up with a different agent.

Pat Gamborg

PAT’s OFFICE

1354 Fed Road

Bear River NS B0S 1B0

902-467-3358

ALWASY - ALWAYS - ALWAYS ask them to repeat their Agent ID, write it down, call it back to them and tell them you are making a note of it.

Smartens them up right speedily.

3 Likes