Option to select which family members are printed on the family summary

Would like a check box option on the family summary say above the names that would allow only specific members to be printed rather than all of them each time. For my purposes I typically just want the parents and not their kids printed.

I believe the joint summary gives the two main taxpayers ( Parents)…

but I do like that idea as sometimes I need to show certain family members combined like older parents who are dependents but not the kids who are in
college.

Rachel

@karicga
I love your idea

This season I ended up unlinking the adult children with tuition transfers to accomplish this. Uncoupling caused temporary and unsettling issues with Client Manager. Eventually I noodle through Client Manager with a bunch of clicks, refreshes, open and closes, and reboots, until it cleared the naming in a single file to multiple files.

I have some residual PTSD trauma from a number of years of uncoupling in Profile and losing or corrupting files while working in very large and fast paced tax firms. I get a case of eegee beegees every time I need to uncouple.

A check box would be much preferable.

I was just searching through the forum on the Print Family returns and found this discussion from several years back. It seems no changes have been made around these suggestions.

I’ve been looking in TaxCycle for a simple one click checkbox to deselect a family member from printing vs having to uncheck each individual print set from that family member. I don’t see any options to do that. I wonder how difficult it would be for the TaxCycle programming genius’s to create such an option?

1 Like

This would be very beneficial… on number of occasions … I print the kids or one of the kids returns… waiting on missing piece from a parent and possibly 2nd child… then I either have to clear all abilities to print that child or print all individually… I remember back in Cantax days… I would easily click at the Top of the Column to choose don’t print this Taxpayer. Can this be done???