DoxCycle updates

Are there any updates planned for DoxCycle?

Specifically, some of the items we have been asking for for a few years:

• Being able to import boxes 28A through C to TaxCycle,
  • Having DoxCycle ignore boxes that can’t be imported or that create an override, such as Box 19 on the T4A(OAS), Box 20 on the T4A(P), Boxes 11,12, 25 and 26 on the T5,
  • Being able to import the foreign currency from the T slips,
  • Importing data from T5013s,
  • … and all of the other things requested/suggested from prior years?

As has been mentioned before, it seems that nothing ever gets done with DoxCycle. So I guess the ultimate question is, does Trilogy consider DoxCycle dead?

2 Likes

Matthew, it already imports them to taxcycle if you check it for box 28 a,b,c

Thanks I will try that. In the past I have never been able to get it to work.

I see what you are saying about the boxes being there for box 28 in DoxCycle. It would be nice if DoxCycle was able to extract that information from the slip and check the box. That part has never worked for me. Has it ever worked for you?

ocr is finicky

Just thought I’d bring this topic back to the top as I start using DoxCycle again. I only use it for T1 and while it is finnicky I still find it extremely valuable during T1 season.

A few suggestions I would like to see in addition to the above:

• Start screen that looks like TaxCycle to make it easier to open prior years.

• OCR is finnicky at best, so I still have to use the input boxes in the sidebar to either add or change things frequently. I would like to be able to enter the whole slip or receipt without having to use my mouse to start each new box number. Right now once I hit the space bar to check off the row it just closes the row and does nothing else. If it keep hitting tab it cycles through any check boxes that might exist (i.e. CPP exempt). If there are no check boxes to deal with it literally does nothing else, doesn’t even tab to the bottom part where I can click POST. I wish once it’s checked off, it would then create a new row, so I can add the next box of details when there are multiple boxes, or if there is nothing else to enter, that it tabs to the POST or REPLACE boxes below. It would be so much quicker if I could just use the keyboard only to enter slip data. Oh and there is no consistency with how tabbing between cells responds across all source documents. What I said above isn’t what happens with all types. Some actually do tab to the POST/REPLACE part (i.e. T5), but it still bypasses the new row option. It’s all over the place!

• Medical expenses - the patient name format should be the same as what shows up in TaxCycle. TaxCycle dropdown only shows first name, so why is DoxCycle showing full name? And that box should start to autofill when typing in it, but it doesn’t so we have to waste time entering the whole first name.

• Donation Receipts - the OCR seems to get the name and amount most of the time, but why isn’t it even trying to autofill the receipt number? I know the format isn’t always the same, but even getting it right sometimes would be better than having to manually type it in every time.

• Scanner list - I wish I could choose which scanners showed up in the list and change the order of them. The scanners in my list show up the opposite order of how frequently I use them, so I have to remember to change the scanner before I click scan. Would be great it I could remove one from the list all together and re-order the other two.

Guess this is all for today… I might add more as the weeks go by.

3 Likes