2017 Suggestions

1. This feature should be included in all modules not just the T1.

1 Like
  1. would be great to have the part of the optimization that deals with specific areas of the return shown on that schedule also.

For example, besides being on the optimization page, have the medical expenses part of the optimization also shown on the medical schedule.

2 Likes
  1. Could you make the calculator link to the actual file in use rather than always be on top?

I was reviewing a file and someone emailed me a slip so I was quickly trying to import it, opened a new Taxcycle Window and got this.

it actually sits on top of every window.

1 Like
  1. In the T1 slip summary could there be an indication if the slip agrees to AFR values? Would help our review process - we get preparers to review slips that have been imported so the first reviewer then focuses their slip review on items that have been manually input, and it would be handy to be able to identify them from the summary.
2 Likes

I thought about posting something similar; however, I was not sure the best way to handle it especially since some practitioners may not want to see it. I was thinking a different colour font could be helpful but in the end, I was not sure.

1. @Cameron You could implement this suggestion this year.(or yesterday would also work) The other thread reminded me of another suggestion. When reopening the AFR screen to adjust the import as depicted in the picture;

Taxcycle does not remember where you linked the the file during the first import to resulting in having to re link everything.

Could you please have Taxcycle remember where we linked it to so all we need to do is modify it as required? We will be starting to do the bulk of the investment clients now and having Taxcycle remember the prior import would be extremely helpful.

3 Likes
  1. Optimization of Donations should consider who owes money and give us the option to have the Donations placed on the taxpayer that owes money.
1 Like
  1. hitting F4 and typing “political” or any portion of such should jump you to the Political contribution tax credit.

same could be said for “school” etc
ditto for professional dues

1 Like
  1. fix the auto lock feature in Taxcycle after filing
  1. Optimization of Donations should consider who owes money and give us the option to have the Donations placed on the taxpayer that owes money.

Related See 59)…

Without a doubt Taxcycle is great software. I have always thought though that it tried a little too hard regarding optimizations. We should be experienced enough to make most decisions re optimizations on our own given the tools for easy selections/choices without overrides. :smiley: Back to the wine.:wine_glass:

1 Like
  1. fix the auto lock feature in Taxcycle after filing

Should be in next release I believe.:wink:

I strongly agree with this suggestion! I had a situation where clients ( a couple) needed Fitness tax credits moved from the spouse with higher income, to the lower one (this was related to a written agreement with an ex-spouse). I could not make the transfer without an override, and I am very uncomfortable having an overrride on any return. I would be grateful if it was easier to move these kind of credits between spouses - without overrides!

deleted duplicate post- sorry

I was wondering when I might start repeating things :confused:

1. There should be an option to say that the RRSP contribution that was downloaded is already included OR you could allow us to link the contribution to a particular line (in this case line 1)

Part B of this request, If I click on include contribution, please ignore the zero balances when posting

1 Like
  1. Taxcycle should not allow a Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) transmission attempt to be made if the taxpayer is deceased. It seems the representative for a deceased taxpayer is not permitted to make a Pre-Authorized payment request on behalf of the decedent.

ERROR: THE PAD IS UNABLE TO BE PROCESSED BASED ON THE TAXPAYER’S ACCOUNT STATUS. PLEASE CONTACT THE CANADA REVENUE AGENCY’S INDIVIDUAL TAX AND TRUST ENQUIRIES LINE AT 1-800-959-8281 FOR FURTHER DETAILS. (REF. CODE: 064)

Assuming a deceased taxpayer is excluded from being able to make a Pre-Authorized Debit;

If there is a date of death completed in the “Life Events” section of the Info Screen, this should trigger at least a warning on the T183 if an attempt is made to fill out the PAP section of the T183. Ideally, if the taxpayer is deceased, a tick in the “Not Interested” box of the T183 should automatically populate, with a diagnostic warning (Warning: “Pre Authorized debit not available to deceased taxpayers”) if the preparer attempts to uncheck that box.

2 Likes

I tried to do one of those, got a reject notice with a phone number to call… They directed me to the Efile Helpdesk, who also had no idea, except it was a software problem. Called Taxcycle, who posed the question to Allen Burns, who had the correct answer.

1. S11 Diagnostic for Tuition carry forward;

I am not sure that there should be a quickfix since the claim must be made in the first year available.

In this case 2015

However, you cannot even use the fact that there was a carry forward since the taxpayer may not have been in a position to claim it in 2015.

This whole area needs intervention from the preparer.

1. this button does not seem to work

1. Smart fill on this line of billing summary with the amounts would be nice so I can select the description and amount or percent with a drop down.